Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Coffee

Hi, there! Today is my turn to share with you my coffee recipe. I hope you like it. I know I did. =)

When Ann suggested coffee for this week's theme the first thing that came to mind was Tiramisu. So tiramisu it is. :) There's tons of tiramisu recipes out there, but  when I came across a Martha Stewart's recipe that claimed itself easy tiramisu, I knew I had to try it. 

I think they should rename it to easy AND delicious tiramisu.  I know it's not the traditional italian tiramisu but it's great anyway. Perfect for those moments when you are craving for tiramisu and don't want to spend 2 hours in the kitchen. This recipe is definitely a keeper. ;)


Adapted from here

1/2 cup strong coffee, cold
300g cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
2/3 cups sugar
200g soft ladyfingers
Cocoa powder for dusting, or milk chocolate shavings

1. Beat cream cheese, heavy cream and sugar until light and fluffy.

2. Cut ladyfingers in half and arrange them around a springform*, sugar side facing out. This step is optional, I wanted to give the tiramisu a more sophisticated look. You can make it in any dish you desire.

3. Spread some of the cream cheese mixture on the bottom of the pan - around 1 cup.

4. Dip ladyfingers, one by one, in coffee - no more than 3 seconds or it will fall apart; and arrange them over the cream.

5. Add more cream on top. Repeat layers, ending with cream.

6. Refrigerate. Dust with cocoa powder or chocolate shavings before serving. 

*Oops, I don't know the size of the pan I used. But it's a small one, the size of a dessert dish. ^^

~Serves 8.


No comments:

Post a Comment