Hi, hey, hello, hi there! Remember me? After a looooong vacation from the blog, I'm back. And with a super-duper delicious recipe. =9
Do you like brownies? Do you like Ovaltine? Oh great, than you are going to LOVE today's recipe.
Let's get to business!
Slightly adapted from here .
125g dark chocolate, chopped
150g unsalted butter
130g brown sugar
125g all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon baking powder
2 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
75g Ovaltine - the original recipe calls for Horlicks
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350°F. Line a square 8in (20cm) baking pan with foil, leaving a 1in (2.5cm) overhang.
2. Melt butter and chocolate and let it cool a bit.
3. Add sugar and eggs, mixing well.
4. Sift flour, baking powder and cocoa powder over the chocolate mixture, add the Ovaltine and stir until smooth.
5. Pour over the prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes or until just set - be careful to not overbake.
6. Let it cool before cutting it - if you can resist that long. ;)