Saturday, June 11, 2011

Orange Poppy seed Muffins

Hi, all!I'm back and I brought you some muffins. =) I know you're all enjoying the sun and beautiful sunny days, and all you want is a cold refreshing treat. But I'll leave that for my next post, okay? It's getting colder and colder - brrr- around here and all we want is a right-out-of-the-oven treat with a hot beverage. ;)


Adapted from this book
300g self-rising flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
125g caster sugar
2 tablespoons orange zest
185ml buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs, ligtly beaten
110g unsalted butter, melted
Poppy seeds - I didn't measure it but I think 2 to 3 tablespoons should be enough.

1. Preheat oven to 200ºC/390ºF. Line a muffin tray with paper liners.
2. In a large bowl, sift together  flour, baking powder, poppyseeds, and sugar. Add the orange zest and make a well in the center.
3. In a small bowl, mix together buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla.
4. Pour the buttermilk mixture and the melted butter into the flour mix and stir with a fork/whisk jut until combined. Do not overmix - a few flour lumps is ok.
4. Fill the muffin cups and bake for about 12 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean. Let it cool  for 5 minutes before removing from pan.

Makes 12 muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment